Bleeding & Pelvic Pain
You are not alone. Many women suffer from bleeding and pelvic pain disorders due to changes in their bodies over the course of their lifetime. In Corona, California, Dr. Lawrence Koning and his staff are skilled in diagnosing and treating the underlying causes of bleeding and pelvic pain.
Causes of bleeding and/or pelvic pain may include:
- Uterine Fibroids
- Ovarian Cysts
- Thickened Endometrium
- Ectopic Pregnancy
Learn more about heavy bleeding and painful periods and the procedures we offer that can stop your bleeding once and for all. In many cases, a quick, relatively simple outpatient procedure known as endometrial ablation can be done to stop the bleeding.
In some cases, you can avoid hysterectomy or major surgery altogether. Dr. Koning offers in-office ultrasounds to augment his examinations. A skilled surgeon, Dr. Koning frequently employs a minimally invasive diagnostic laparoscopy to determine the cause of bleeding.
Laparoscopy is usually done as outpatient surgery, allowing you to go home the same day.
Effective Endometrial Ablation with NovaSure®
NovaSure endometrial ablation requires is quick, simple way to correct abnormally heavy or overly-long menstruation, offering an effective and safe alternative to a hysterectomy. A brief procedure; takes less than 10 minutes.
Unlike complicated treatments, NovaSure is safer than hysterectomy.
- No hormones
- No incisions
- No stiches
- Light brief anesthesia
- Less than one day recovery
NovaSure is designed for premenopausal women who have completed childbearing. Contraception is required to prevent unwanted pregnancies; however, it may also reduce the chances of becoming pregnant. Some women do report that they have some discomfort and or cramping after the procedure. There may also be a watery discharge for a few weeks following the procedure. Your doctor can advise you regarding returning to your normal activities.
If you’re tired of abnormal bleeding, pelvic pain, heavy bleeding, or painful periods, Dr. Koning can help. Call our OB/GYN office in Corona, California at (951) 371-0844 or request an appointment online.
- Everyone is so extremely helpful and courteous. I was tough patient and the outcome was excellent.
- Dr. Koning is a wonderful doctor! I have been going to him for at least 10 years. He's always upbeat and I feel very comfortable with him.
- I like going in to this office, they front desk staff is very friendly and the Dr. is very professional. l really like that you get a reminder via email to confirm or re schedule appointment.
- Staff very efficient and friendly, office immaculate and Dr Koning very professional. As much as I hate going to the Gyn this experience was very relaxed and pleasant. Thank you Dr.Koning.